MMRL’s PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
This is the Privacy and Cookies Notice (hereinafter “Privacy Notice”) of Margetson & Margetson advocaten B.V. (hereinafter “MMA”), The Legal Chart B.V. (hereinafter “TLC”) and Seaglass B.V. (hereinafter “SG”), all having their offices at Wilhelminakade 953B (3072AP) Rotterdam.
On this page “we” and “our” and similar terms refer to MMA, TLC and SG.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). We process data of inter alia our (potential or past) clients, business relations, colleague layers, employees, service providers and opposing parties.
Pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “GDPR”) we, as Controllers are obliged to provide data subjects from whom we have either directly or indirectly received personal data with the following information.
We are the controllers within the meaning of the GDPR.
We have our offices at Wilhelminakade 953B, (3072 AP) Rotterdam. Our general telephone number is +31 (0)10 316 04 40. Our representative for the purposes of the GDPR is Nick Margetson. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
We may process the following personal data
– Personal data that you have provided or provide to us, e.g. when entering into or wishing to enter into an engagement with us or when attending an event that we have (co-)organized;
– Your initials, first name, family name and contact details such as your email address, postal address and telephone number.
– Information regarding your visit to our website (such as your IP address) and the device you have used to visit our website.
– personal data that you have provided for a job application (such as your first name, family name, date of birth, address, telephone number, nationality, marital status and other personal data provided in your job application.
We collect this personal data because you provided it to us, e.g. when wishing to engage us or when engaging us, by entering your information on our website, by providing us with your business card, when applying for a position in our firm, etc.
We can also obtain your personal data from a different source, such as colleague lawyers, opponents, public registers of companies, public property registers or from other (public) sources.
THE PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA ARE INTENDED AS WELL AS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING BY MMRL
MMRL may use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To improve our legal services;
– To comply with our legal and statutory obligations;
– For marketing and business development purposes, such as newsletters, invitations for events and other (marketing) communications that could be of interest to you.
– To be able to process your job application or your registration for (an) event(s);
– To generate statistics regarding the use of our website and / or to analyze the use of our website and to improve it;
We process your personal data on one or more of the following legal basis’s
– To fullfil contractual obligations;
– To comply with legal obligations;
– Our legitimate interests;
– Your permission.
THE PERIOD FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
We do not store your personal details any longer than is necessary to fullfil the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice or in applicable law.
PROVISION OF YOUR PERONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In certain cases we may provide your personal details to inter alia the following third parties:
– Third parties that are relevant for the provision of our legal services, such as (inter alia) our service providers such as court bailiffs, opponents, other lawyers, courts, legislative authorities and other government departments;
– Third parties, such as regulatory authorities and other authorities, to comply with our legal obligations;
– External suppliers for the processing of your personal data to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Notice such as, IT Suppliers, suppliers of communication services and other suppliers to which we outsource services;
Passing on of your personal details to the above mentioned parties will only be done for the purposes set out above and only on the legal basis’ set out above.
Third parties to whom we provide your personal details are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy laws. We are not responsible or liable for the processing of your personal details by these third parties. In the event that a third party processes your personal details in its capacity of a processor of MMA, TLC or SG, we will, if possible, enter into a processing agreement with that third party that complies with the requirements of the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services it may be necessary for us to provide your personal data to a recipient in a country that does not form part of the European Economic Area.
We have taken suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unlawful or illegal processing and against loss, destruction, damage, mutation or publication. In the event that you have any questions concerning our security measures for your personal data or if there are indications of abuse, please contact us at email@example.com
As data subject you have the following rights:
– The right to access, which means that you can request us to access of the personal data we have gathered from you;
– The right of rectification or correction of your personal data in the event it is incorrect or incomplete;
– The right of removal of your personal data;
– the right to object against the processing of your personal details and the right to request a restriction to the processing of your personal details;
– the right to data portability which means that you have the right to receive your personal details in a structured, usual and (machine) readable form. You will also have the right to pass these detail on to a different controller;.
– The right to object to profiling;
– The right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority;
– the right to withdraw granted permission;
The right to know the source from which the personal data originated, and if applicable, whether it came from a publicly accessible sources.
Please note that in specific cases it can be so that we may be authorized to refuse to comply with one or more of your above mentioned requests and / or rights, e.g. because of (one of) our legal or statutory obligations, contractual obligations or obligations contained in our professional code of conduct.
A cookie is a text file that a web browser stores on your computer. In the event that you deem this to be undesirable, you can prevent cookies from being stored in the settings of your web browser. That may impact the functioning of our website.
Our website does not use tracking cookies or advertising cookies. It uses functional an analytical cookies, including:
Functional cookies: Asp.net_sessionid, Sxa_site;
Analytical cookies: Sc_analytische cookie_global_cookie (Sitecore), go (Google Analytics), _gid (Google Analytics), _gat (Google Analytics).
You can find more information about cookies inter alia on the inernet, e.g. at www.allaboutcookies.org